Penelope

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Tiny Silver Pocketbook



My extraordinarily talented college friend, Julie Britton Burney, hand painted a fabulous pocketbook for me!!! I have known Julie a long, long time...she was a bridsmaid in my wedding and wore her pale pink dress like a true princess!!
After getting her degree in Interior Design back in the day, she has been busy and is now back in school getting her degree in Graphic Arts.
She is going to New York in May and is going to have a booth at a show, working on getting some of her drawings licensed!! I am very excited for this new opportunity for her and proud of her taking that step out in faith!
She personalizes her bags and paintings for the person she is painting for.
For me, she painted me as she remembered first meeting me...long brown wavy hair and big green eyes...Ah, Youth!!!
I can't wait to put my things in my new pocketbook and sashay around town!!!
Thank you Julie, you made my day!

1 comment:

vieklenz said...

That is too cute! Good luck to her at the show!