Penelope

Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Tiny Silver Movie Camera

Guess My Favorite Movies!!!

I posted this on Facebook, but thought my sister sister would enjoy playing!!!


The Rules...
1. I picked 20 of my favorite movies.
2. I went to IMDb and found a quote from each movie.
3. Posted them here for everyone to guess.
4. I will strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search or other search functions.
6. No looking at my favorite movies on my Facebook page.

1. It's giving life that counts. Until you are ready for it, all the rest is just a big fraud. All the crazy haircuts in the world won't keep it turning. Life isn't a love in, it's the dishes and the ortho and the shoe repairman and ground round instead of roast beef. And I'll tell you something else; it isn't going to bed with a man that proves you're in love with him; it's getting up in the morning and facing the drab, miserable , wonderful world with him that counts.
YOURS, MINE AND OURS ( THE ORIGINAL VERSION WITH HENRY FONDA AND LUCILLE BALL)

2. I believe one should fight for what one believes. Provided one is absolutely sure one is absolutely right.
TO SIR, WITH LOVE

3. Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends.
LEGENDS OF THE FALL

4. This old gypsy women once told me that if you jump backwards nine times before the sun comes up, you won't be pregnant. Well, I jumped so far I had to take a bus back and then I had twins.
WHERE THE HEART IS

5. Now, what would you like to wear? Black, black, or black?
THE SECRET GARDEN

6. In my philosophy, a man cannot call himself well-contented until he has done all he can to be of service to his employer. Of course, this assumes that one's employer is a superior person, not only in rank, or wealth, but in moral stature.
THE REMAINS OF THE DAY

7. You know, dolls make the very best friends. Just because they can't speak doesn't mean they don't listen. And did you know that when we leave them alone in our room, they come to life?
THE LITTLE PRINCESS

8. I can't go all my life waiting to catch you between husbands.
GONE WITH THE WIND

9. All my life I had to fight. I had to fight my daddy. I had to fight my uncles. I had to fight my brothers. A girl child ain't safe in a family of men, but I ain't never thought I'd have to fight in my own house.
THE COLOR PURPLE

10. Well, from this day henceforth, it seems you must be a stranger to one of your parents. Your mother will never see you again if you marry him...and I will never see you again if you do.
PRIDE AND PREJUDICE ( BBC VERSION)

11. With the exception of Eddie and myself, whom you already know, we're going to be using aliases on this job. Under no circumstances do I want any of you to relate to each other by your Christian names, and I don't want any talk about yourself personally. That includes where you've been, your wife's name, where you might've done time, or maybe a bank you robbed in St. Pertersburg. All I want you guys to talk about, if you have to, is what you're going to do. That should do it.
RESERVOIR DOGS

12. Congratulations. In the history of this camp, that was the most infamous, the most disgusting, the most revolting display of hooliganism we have ever seen.
THE PARENT TRAP ( ORIGINAL VERSION WITH HAYLEY MILLS)

13. If you can paint, I can walk - anything can happen, right?
AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER

14. Say Lou, did ya hear the one about the guy who couldn't afford personalized plates, so he went and changed his name to J3L2404.
FARGO

15. On the page, it looked like nothing. The beginning simple, almost comic. Just a pulse - bassoons and basset horns - like a rusty squeezebox. Then suddenly - high above it - an oboe, a single note, hanging there unwavering, till a clarinet took over and sweetened it into a phrase of such delight! This was no composition by a performing monkey! This was a music I had never heard. Filled with such longing, such unfulfillable songing it had me trembling. It seemed to me I was hearing the voice of God.
AMADEUS

16. When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.
WHEN HARRY MET SALLY

17. Now please get out of my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up.
THE WEDDING SINGER

18. I don't want to talk about it! Everytime I think about something nice, you remind me of bad things. I only want to talk about the nice things.
WHATEVER HAPPENED TO BABY JANE

19. I don't know if it will help saying this to you...some men in this world are born to do our unpleasant jobs for us...your father is one of them...
TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD

20. Me? I'm scared of everything. I'm scared of what I saw, I'm scared of what I did, of who I am, and most of all I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I am with you.
DIRTY DANCING

3 comments:

Melinda Speece said...

boy, I'm really out to sea on most of these. I think #1 is Steel Magnolias. I think #9 is Oprah in the Color Purple. I KNOW #10 is Pride and Prejudice. And I know #16 is When Harry Met Sally. #12 could be Parent Trap.

Okay, that's the best I can do for now . . .

Melanie said...

#1 is actually Yours, Mine and Ours ( Original Version with Henry Ford and Lucille Ball)
#10 is my favorite quote
#9 is correct
#16 is correct
#12 is absolutely correct!!!
And you will be happy to know that Jen White got #16, #13 and #10 correct first!
Let's see, Lyn Robbins got #8 and#15 correct!
Bryan Ansley go #19 correct!

Melanie said...

Not Henry Ford, Henry Fonda!! haha