Penelope

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Tiny Silver Television Set



I sat down yesterday to watch what I thought would be a funny movie...it was not...so after watching about half of it, I gave up and switched over to regular tv. I dvr several shows, so there was bound to be something ready to watch. I found my show, but there was no sound. Great picture, no sound. I switched over to regular tv and again, no sound.

Hmmmmm...I am famous for hitting the wrong sequence of buttons and messing up the HD tv functions...

I tried turning it off, checked the settings, nothing worked. Finally I gave up and went to my darling daughter's basketball game. While there, I mentioned to my husband the tv problem. Knowing that I would want to watch American Idol in my den, he went home after the game and went to work.

I went to church to help prepare a meal and called him on the way home, only to find that he had spent the last two hours unhooking all of the wires from the tv, moving the tv to a different room ( where the sound worked perfectly), moving it back to the den ( again, no sound). He then put a movie in, which played perfectly...thus putting a cap on his frustration.

His first comment when I got home was that I could watch tv in the "man-cave" since the one in the den was not working. I just watched a movie, figuring the dvr would capture it's scheduled recordings and I would call the cable company in the morning.

In the middle of the night, I sat bolt upright...thinking..."I wonder if he unplugged the cable box?"

So, bright and early, I came downstairs, unplugged the cable box, waited a few minutes and plugged it back in. The re-booting started and after about 10 minutes, the box came back on, the time was displayed...looked normal.

I gingerly pushed the TV button and the Power button...and snap...there was Al Roker, telling me all about the weather!! Hurray, I have audio, I don't have to get the tv repaired, I don't have to shop for a new tv ( although, I am loving a certain Samsung I saw over Christmas holiday)!!

So, the solution was the unplug the cable bos and plug it back in, allowing it to reboot. So simple, so simple...

Kind of like hearing an animal with four legs and hooves running by and thinking Zebra, instead of horse!!!

So, I am catching up on American Idol...it looks like itis going to be an interesting season...on my favorite tv!

No comments: