Penelope

Friday, January 2, 2009

A Tiny Silver Book 2

Two of my favorite gifts I got for Christmas were gift cards to Davis Kidd Booksellers and Borders Books. Thank you, mom and dad and the two cats, Dorothy and Smokey!!
Here are the books I am looking forward to reading this month:
World Without End by Ken Follett ( I read about 100 pages at the store today...can't wait to read more!)
A Mercy by Toni Morrison ( It is Toni Morrison, what else can I say!)
Knit Two by Kate Jacobs ( This is the sequel to A Friday Night Knitting Club, which I thoroughly enjoyed!)
Between Here and April by Deborah Copaken Kogan ( This one caught my eye and looks like a great new author to try.)
The Middle Place by Kelly Corrigan
The Three Junes by Julia Glass
Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates
The Road to Eden's Ridge by M.L. Rose ( a collaborative effort between Myra McLarey and Linda Weeks, who are writing teachers from Nashville)
So, if you call and i don't answer the phone, I am probably reading...
I'll let you know how I like them...or check out my shelf on Shelfari for some recommendations!

No comments: