Penelope

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Tiny Silver Telephone


Several times this year I have have the opportunity to reconnect with people I knew long ago in a far away land! My youth group from Junior/Senior High at Woodmont Baptist Church had a reunion in May, Co-workers from my first job in Virginia got together several weeks ago and just this week, I heard from a college friend who I have not talked to in 22 years and a high school/college friend who I haven't seen in about 5 years. So forgive me if I am feeling a bit nostalgic, but thanks to these connections, I have been able to visit some wonderful memories and catch up on my now grown up friends!
Thanks to e-mail, myspace, facebook, classmates.com, etc., the possiblities to find old friends and reconnect seems endless. I never know who will pop up on my screen saying...remember me? And what a wonderful gift this can be.

So, if you are wondering where they are, what are they doing or you just want to say hello, find them and use that tiny silver telephone!

2 comments:

Melinda Speece said...

Besides the wooden risers, the sanctuary brings back memory after memory . . .

Melanie said...

Amen, sister!