Penelope

Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Tiny Class Ring



My daughter brought home an order form for her class ring today. Her class ring?! One more sign that her high school career is on the other side of the mountain. I remember when the Class of 1981 gathered around the tables in the lobby of Franklin High School. Our school colors were maroon and gray, making the garnet stone a popular choice. I wanted the emerald stone because green was my favorite color and if I was choosing one today, I would still pick the green stone. My ring sits in my jewelry box, tucked away, probably seldom worn after high school, but a favorite memento none the less.

Exciting times at our house, ordering a class ring, a yearbook, spirit week, homecoming games and the dance on Saturday. Milestones and memories and a tiny class ring.

1 comment:

Melinda Speece said...

I got the blue stone when the Brentwood Academy crest was the happenin' choice. Unlike you, I think if I had to do it again, I would have picked the crest.