Penelope

Monday, May 20, 2013

A Tiny Silver Pair of Scissors

Yesterday, I did not leave the house. Not one single time. Yesterday, I did not leave the house and no one came over, not the remodeler, the painter, the plumber, the electrician or the drywall person. Not one single person needed my attention, a decision, a missing part, a paint color...nothing. So, what did I do? I got out my handy dandy scissors and I cut up a whole mess of paper. And then I drew on it, glued it, embellished it, coated it, let it dry and did it again and again. Cutting paper into strips, inking designs on it, gluing it down...now that is what I call a peaceful day. I find joy in arranging shapes and colors. I find peace in drawing with my two favorite pens. I find satisfaction in watching the glue dry. And in the end, a bit of fun for a two year old who might enjoy a fun way to learn the alphabet. Or maybe a wall hanging for a special friend who is about to become a grandma and needs to establish some firm rules for her house! I am thankful for my quiet day and that no one in my family cares that I turned our living room into collage central. I am thankful fo time to be creative and just to relax. How would you spend a quiet day? Would you read or draw or watch old movies? Would you bake or sew or paint a picture? Whatever it is, find a day and do just what you want!

"Alligators All Around" from The Nutshell Library by Maurice Sendak
"Grandparents Rules"

No comments: