Penelope

Thursday, June 6, 2013

A Tiny Silver Book, #3

Upon seeing a Facebook post looking for book recommendations for summer reading, I posted the same and the recommendations came pouring in via Facebook, e-mail, phone calls, texts, etc. I love to hear what other people are reading and while some might not appeal to me, I have gotten some of the best books this way! A friend who I only know through an online game ( yes, it was Mafia Wars) told me about "Same Kind of Different As Me", which I loved and have given to many people. This week I have taken recommendations, gone through the list and here is what I will be reading in June. Well, honestly, this list will most likely take me through July as I have a BIG celebration at the end of the month and will most likely be talking and laughing through mose of the trip! A Week in Winter, Maeve Binchy...The Twelve Tribes of Hattie, Ayana Mathis...Death comes to Pemberly, P.D. James...The Fault in Our Stars, John Green... Incendiary, Chris Cleave... Peace LIke a River, Leif Enger... Sisterland, Curtis Sittenfeld...The Silver Star, Jeannette Walls...Falling Together, Maria de los Santos... Reconstructing Amelia, Kimberly McCreight...The Interestings, Meg Wolitzer...Saving CeeCee Hunnicutt, Beth Hoffman. I hope you all find something great to read this summer!!

No comments: