Penelope

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Tiny Silver House

Merry Christmas from Our Home to Yours...reads the collage that became our Christmas card this year. This was the second collage as the first one had some words that were too tiny when photographed and reproduced...oops. For 18 years, our darling girl was the feature photo on our Christmas Card but now that she is in college, she suggested that she might be too old grown up to be on the card. Last year was the first year that I created a piece of art specifically for the card and joyfully sent it out. As I started to receive cards in the mail, there were several that had things like, "where is Chelsea's picture?" and " I am missing the picture of Chelsea" on the bottom of their cards. I felt a little like I was disappointing them but this year, once again, went with the artwork. She and I discussed this last night and found that the only way I could get away with her in the photo was to do a family photo next year. Maybe, maybe not, I have all year to think about it. I love the tradition of sending out Christmas cards. As I address the envelopes, I think about who I am sending it to and how much they have meant to me. From my college roommates parents, who shared with me the absolute best Christmas Cookie recipe ever, to family members and friends far and wide. I hope your Christmas is merry and bright and that you have the opportunity to hug your loved ones and tell them how special they are! From our Home to Yours, we wish you a very Merry Christmas.

No comments: