Penelope

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Tiny Silver Fork


Wednesday Night Supper at church. An activity that happens at churches all over the world. A chance to gather with church family in fellowship before going to Bible study classes, children's choir, discussion groups and prayer meeting.
Last Wednesday night, just as Janis, Keith, Mikayla, Judy, Dewey, Amber, Chelsea and I were finishing our meal and getting ready for the next activity, Jeanne stopped by our table and said she had a baby who needed to eat, could Janis take him? And of course, Janis opened her arms and Bosco held her tight. Someone got the high chair, a bowl of fruit, a drink, a fork and he was ready to go! Bosco's mom was sick and he and his four brothers came to church to eat. And they are a part of our family.
I love that we are all a part of God's family and when we sit down together, we become one family.
We share a meal, we share our lives, we share our love for Jesus!!! As I am far away from most of my Franklin Family, I am thankful for my Fredericksburg Family and look forward to fellowship and fun and a tiny silver fork.

2 comments:

Melinda Speece said...

Just home from Wednesday night church myself. Today I was writing a couple of friends about the Wednesday night supper when Ganny had the anuerism was attended quickly by a host of doctors and nurses. I can't really think about Wednesday night supper without thinking of that particular one.

Janis said...

I, too, am so thankful for my family at Frederickburg Baptist Church. Just yesterday I heard someone say that it would have been impossible to get through a situation without the help of church friends and the minister and his wife. May we all remember these enriching comments where we're made to be so very thankful, so very grateful, for our church family.