Penelope

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Tiny Little Snowman



Because my family lives so far from where I live, long ago, we had to come up with a Christmas plan that worked for everyone. Bob's family likes to open gifts together on Christmas Eve, I like to open gifts on Christmas morning. And somehow get to my family 630 miles away to celebrate with them!
So, we spend Christmas Eve with Bob's parents, here in Fredericksburg, open our Santa gifts at home on Christmas morning and then hop on a plane and fly to Tennessee for family Christmas there! I appreciate that my brother and sister always plan their trips around us so we can all be there together. Often, our family Christmas takes place the day after, depending on when we can all get there! My parents are great about being flexible and we have our celebration when we can all be together.
Chelsea and I are headed to Franklin, TN on Thursday for the Christmas festivities with the Franklin family! I like travelling on Christmas Day, smaller crowds, people are cheerful, Santa has been to the house!!!
Bob is staying home to take care of the catty-cats, Smokey and Dorothy.

This Christmas, we are missing our sweet Jacquie, Mike's wife, who passed away in October. She was a bright star in our family and I miss her. She, Melinda and I normally would clean up the dishes together and giggle in the kitchen...I will miss that. My grandmother, Marie Elizabeth Valentine Franklin, also passed away this year, so things are a little different this year.

We will open some presents, play with the most darling children, catch up on each other's lives, eat a wonderfully prepared meal and yes, maybe take a little nap...a wonderful Christmas day.

I wish blessings to you, gentle readers, during this precious Christmas season. Enjoy your loved ones and tell them you love them!
Merry Christmas from our home to yours!!

1 comment:

Melinda Speece said...

I always felt like we did most of the giggling, and she did most of the cleaning . . . Merry Christmas!